05 April 2006

Keeping Stats

One key to building traffic to you blog is to keep track of who is coming to your blog and how they are getting there. In order to do this you need to use what is commonly referred to as a hit counter. A hit counter is a counter of how many people come to your site but it can also be a lot more. Good hit counters can tell you where a visitor to your site came from, how long they stayed, what web browser they used, what operating system they have, where they are located and more. Some of the info will be usefult to you (i.e. where they came from) and other info won't matter a whole lot for now.

Installing a hit counter is actually quite easy, all you need to do is paste a little piece of code into your blog template and off you go.

A few good, free options for hit counters: I personally have only used SiteCounter but the others should be good too, if anyone disagrees please let me know. Thats for today....

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Hi,
I personally use Statcounter and am quite happy with it.
Nice and interesting blog.
Cheers

8:56 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

You know I really like your blog. Today I read all of the post of your blog. I was reading your post as a way to increase my blogging skills.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home